Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced the immediate availability of Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8.
"For the past quarter of a century, Cubase has been the go-to DAW for many professionals around the world. Today, Cubase delivers a considerably higher performance, puts users more firmly in control, and incorporates more serious tools and innovative technologies than ever before. Adding “Pro” to the biggest version of the latest range represents the evolution of Steinberg’s award-winning music production system.
"Exclusive features of Cubase Pro 8 are VCA faders and virgin territories. The all-new VCA faders emulate the control of channel gain with DC voltage, moving an entire fader group through a single master fader. Taking it a step further is the Combine VCA fader automation feature, which combines the VCA fader automation curve with that of a controlled fader or fader groups. Another addition to automation tools is virgin territories, omitting redundant automation data between automated events.
"Chord pads, Chord Assistant modes and MIDI tempo detection are introduced to the creative feature set in Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8. Chord pads are an extension of the chord track first introduced in Cubase 7, allowing users to trigger chords and change voicing and tension through MIDI parameters on any record-enabled MIDI or instrument track.
"UI enhancements in both new Cubase versions include window docking for the VST Instrument Rack and MediaBay, a redesigned Track List and Inspector for improved readability, a new plug-in manager for easy customization, global workspaces and a flexible window layout for PC versions.
"New effects and instruments are covered by the VST Bass Amp with a collection of great-sounding amplifiers, cabinets and effects pedals, the Quadrafuzz v2 distortion processor, Multiband Expander, Multiband Envelope Shaper as well as an improved DeEsser, Multiband Compressor and Tuner. Newly introduced to the Groove Agent SE 4 drum instrument featured in Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8 is the acoustic drum kit, Acoustic Agent, with 20 drum style patterns.
"Next to the new Groove Agent SE 4 content comes the Allen Morgan Pop-Rock Toolbox with 30 construction kits, each with 25 to 30 audio and MIDI loops routed to predefined instruments, including channel strip and mixer settings.
"Steinberg’s director of marketing, Frank Simmerlein, commented: “Releasing Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8 rounds off a very successful year in the long history of our company. Not only can we proudly look back on 25 years of Cubase, we have also been celebrating Steinberg’s 30th birthday. Both our long-term experience and expertise are now condensed into Cubase Pro 8, the most cutting-edge digital audio workstation today.”"
Availability and pricing
The Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8 full retail versions are available for pre-order from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop from December 3, 2014. Shipping begins on December 8, 2014. The suggested retail price for Cubase Pro 8 is £448/€549 including German VAT. The suggested retail price for Cubase Artist 8 is £244/€299 including German VAT.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop from 3 December 2014.
Customers who have activated Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 since October 15, 2014, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version.
Key features of Cubase Pro 8
• State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of pros worldwide
• Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
• Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
• MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
• Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,000 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine
• Complete suite of 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more
• VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows, TrackVersions for playlists-like editing, and render in-place for simplified editing tasks
• VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect
• Chord track and pads for easy chord management and re-harmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences
• VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
• Professional music notation and score printing
Key features of Cubase Artist 8
• Complete music production system, offering a set of superb audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools
• Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
• Supports 128 MIDI and 64 simultaneous audio tracks
• MixConsole provides the stellar mixing experience with full flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
• 8 outstanding instruments with over 2,600 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine
• Includes a suite of 53 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction and VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, Quadrafuzz v2 and more!
• Chord track and chord pads for easy chord composing and management
• Thousands of MIDI construction loops as building blocks to create songs in a few steps
• Streamlined score editing feature set